East Bay Couples & relationship Therapy
Deepen your Intimate connection through Relationship Therapy
When you enter into therapy as a couple, you bring your individual and collective experiences, dreams and hurts, as well as the history of your relationship. Your relationship dynamic is created in the partnership based on these hopes and fears. In coming to therapy, I can help you to shift painful or damaging dynamics.
At the core of every relationship, is the need to know that your partner will show up for you in a loving and engaged way. To feel safe in an intimate relationship, you need to know that your partner will be accessible, responsive to your needs and engaged in the partnership.
In order to open up to your partner and share yourself in such a vulnerable way, you must know that your partner is emotionally available to respond to your feelings and needs. You may not know how to reach out to your partner and your partner may not know how to support you. Or perhaps you have become stuck in your old and painful patterns, leaving you feeling closed and guarded.
If you sense that your partner is not accessible and engaged with you, you may respond by shutting down or pushing away (fight, flight). While this serves to protect you from immediate pain, it also leaves both partners feeling alone and disconnected. This damages and often ends, many otherwise loving relationships. However, you can break this cycle and learn to communicate with your partner.
We offer sex therapy, couples therapy, marriage & pre-marital counseling and relationship support to partners and individuals at our convenient San Francisco, North Bay and East Bay locations, particularly in our Berkeley and Oakland offices.
Couples Therapy and Marriage counseling may help you learn to be emotionally accessible, responsive and engaged in your partnership. Connection and intimacy is possible.
In couples' counseling we can help you to:
- Learn better communication skills
- Build secure attachment
- Identify, repair and prevent problematic dynamics and negative cycles
- Deepen and build emotional and sexual intimacy
- Build trust
- Communicate effectively in conflict
- Shift unhelpful or dysfunctional dynamics and patterns.
- Explore commitment issues
- Work with fidelity/infidelity ruptures
- Break out of your relationship rut
- Work on parenting issues
- Develop relational health
- Reconnect to your core friendship and love for one another
- Enhance connection
- Repair your relationship and restore your your commitment to one another
- Relight the spark and passion in your partnership (read more about sex & intimacy therapy).
- Learn how to de-escalate conflict, settle your nervous system and use effective, nonviolent communication (NVC) to deepen connection.
- Be in true partnership
Your relationship security is largely determined by the answer to the questions:
Are you there for me?
Can I Count on you?
WIll you respond to me"